Retainers Calhoun GA
The Georgia orthodontists at Vargo Orthodontics understand that having braces often comes with challenges for many individuals. Becoming accustomed to wearing and taking care of them during treatment can take a bit of time and effort. However, that extra care does not end when your braces come off. Once the braces are removed, you’ll need to wear retainers in Calhoun GA that ensures that the work your braces accomplished is not readily lost. Once your orthodontic treatment is complete, you’ll need to wear your retainers every night.
If you forget to wear your Calhoun GA retainers overnight every now and then, it won’t make for an issue. However, if you are having trouble remembering to wear it regularly, or you have just lost your motivation to put it on, then there are a few things you should know. Here is a list of seven tips that are designed to help you keep your healthy, new smile after your braces Calhoun, GA families recommend come off:
- Take a picture of your retainer instructions and put it somewhere in plain sight near your bed.
- Take a picture of your retainer and put it up on your bathroom mirror to serve as a helpful reminder when you brush your teeth before bed.
- Set a recurring alarm on your cell phone to remind you at a specific time every night to put in your retainer. Although this gets old after a while, until you are to the point where you can’t fall asleep without your retainer in, it can be quite helpful.
- Keep your retainer clean and fresh. If you’re not sure what the best way to do that is, let your team of dental professionals know, and they can show you how. A freshly cleaned retainer makes your mouth a healthy place. A dirty one, not so much.
- Store your Calhoun GA retainers away in its case when you’re not wearing it. If it’s in its case, you’ll have no trouble finding it when you need it. Taking it out and leaving it lay on a bedside table or counter is a quick way to lose it or have it damaged, especially if you have a dog that may pick it up and chew it. Yep, dogs love to chew on retainers.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling to maintain a strict schedule of wearing your retainer at night, ask a spouse, parent, family member, or friend to remind you.
- If your retainer is so uncomfortable that you can’t stand wearing it, or you think it needs to be replaced, let Vargo Orthodontics know.
If you live in Calhoun GA and are considering braces, you are well-advised to contact the experienced orthodontists at Vargo Orthodontics. With decades of experience, we have had the privilege of helping teens and adults find their way to a more attractive smile. If you are considering braces and retainers Calhoun GA patients recommend for yourself or a loved one and would like to know how they can best be suited to you, contact the office to schedule a consultation and evaluation.